Trotsky biography

Kirsty McCluskey kirsty.mccluskey at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 4 13:51:57 UTC 2009

Definitive?  No... but I would argue that Isaac Deutscher's trilogy is the
most durable and the most solid as a general biography of Trotsky.  There
are recent works of great value too which reconsider important elements of
his analysis, but Deutscher is the best and most comprehensive starting
point, I believe.

Kirsty McCluskey

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Jon Jorgensen <
jjorgensen at erskineacademy.org> wrote:

> Is there a definitive biography of Trotsky, along the lines of Robert K.
> Massie's The Romanov's and Peter the Great, or Applebaum's Gulag?

http://kirstyjane.wordpress.com

Vulpes Libris
A collective of bibliophiles writing about books
http://vulpeslibris.wordpress.com