Entourage of Ezhov & Stalin - reply

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Mon Dec 14 11:10:17 UTC 2009

On the assumption that you have good reasons for rejecting the candidature of Molotov (the only name mentioned that is not identified with one of the guests), could the man with the gutteral voice be A.I. Mikoyan?

John Dunn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Chandler <kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 06:41:16 +0000
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Entourage of Ezhov & Stalin - reply

Dear Professor Hill, and all,

> I have always assumed that Comrade Malenkov tended to OBESITY,
>  i.e., was definitely not svelte (thin).  Or did he add all those extra
> kilograms after WW2?
Yes, it is a bit puzzling, but such changes do happen...

> Also, does it seem that Comrade Zhdanov (A. A. Zhdanov) does
> not appear in Grossman's depiction of the Ezhovs' party?
He definitely is NOT mentioned in any of the descriptions of Yezhov's guests
in the story.

Just for the record, I am not a professor.  (Nor even a doctor!)

Best Wishes,

Robert

John Dunn
Honorary Research Fellow, SMLC (Slavonic Studies)
University of Glasgow, Scotland

Address:
Via Carolina Coronedi Berti 6
40137 Bologna