story with a chess theme?

Katya Burvikova seacoastrussian at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 16 02:11:42 UTC 2009

"Шёл по городу волшебник" by Юрий Томин, it's a book for children
В. Высоцкий "Об игре в шахматы"
http://vysotskiy.lit-info.ru/vysotskiy/proza/shahmaty.htm

--- On Tue, 12/15/09, Sarah Hurst <sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET> wrote:

From: Sarah Hurst <sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET>
Subject: [SEELANGS] story with a chess theme?
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 7:47 PM

I am wondering if anyone knows of any untranslated Russian stories that
involve chess in some way. I am interested in translating a story or two for
a chess magazine if I can get in touch with the author about this, or if the
story is in the public domain.

Sarah Hurst

  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: