Changes to Student Visa requirements

Jeanmarie Rouhier-Willoughby jrouhie at EMAIL.UKY.EDU
Wed Feb 4 19:19:18 UTC 2009

An apostil is essentially the equivalent of a notary's seal, however,
it is given only by the secretary of state (a government position
held in each state). To obtain one, a person must visit the secretary
of state's office in the state capital. I am not sure if it can be
mailed and an apostil affixed, I suppose one would have to contact
the secretary of state's office. Best, JRW