Why no Cyrillic?

Valery Belyanin vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 5 20:24:23 UTC 2009

> Susan Bauckus wrote:
>  I would rather spend 1 week learning the Cyrillic alphabet in order to
> read my source material in the most precise representation than read a
> transliterated version.

A couple of years ago an American actress who live in totonto called me. She
wanted to lean her words in a small role which she was supposed to play in a
Russian movie. When I came to her she showed me her part in transliterarion,
saying that her American  teacher of Russian taught her like this for one
month. All she wanted from me was to have new phrases (that were changed in
her part) to write in transliteration. We had only two hours.... That were
the hardest dollars I ever earned...
Valery Belyanin