Literature on living behind walls

Sandra Evans sandra.evans at UNI-TUEBINGEN.DE
Sun Feb 8 15:21:40 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGerS,

I would like to ask the SEELANGS oracle for advice on literary texts
and/or films concerning the everyday of the nomenklatura during Soviet
times. I am interested in the everyday and the living conditions,
especially living behind walls in high security compounds, isolated
from the rest of society. In the same vein I would also welcome any
suggestions on literary texts/films on "gated community"-style living
conditions in the current day.

Any ideas, pointers, suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you.

With the best regards,

Sandra Evans
Slavic Studies
University of Tuebingen