Annual Fall 2008 enrollment census of College Russian, other Slavic & E. Eur langs.; Summer 2009 stateside programs

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Sun Feb 15 17:43:47 UTC 2009

	Dear Seelangers:
	CCPCR, the Committee on College and Pre-College Russian, is
conducting its annual census of college/university level 1st and 2nd
year
Russian enrollments, plus enrollments in Slavic and E. European
languages.  In addition, as was done in 2008, we will post information
about any summer programs in those languages to be offered in 2009 on
your campus (not abroad).
	Thus far, 42 programs have responded with enrollment data, and signs
of growth in Russian enrollment are beginning to appear.  The census
was begun in 2002, so trends at institutions are now easier to see.
	 Last year, 75 programs forwarded their data.   If your institution
has not yet participated, we seek your input!  You can see the data
received thus far by googling  CCPCR and selecting the "College &
University Enrollment" link on the home page.  If your program is
missing, or has not yet responded this year, we would really
appreciate your assistance in receiving the data!  (An e-mail link to
CCPCR is located on the home page below the College & University
Enrollment link.)
	For Summer Programs, select the Summer Programs link, and you will
see the 2008 programs.  We will initiate the 2009 list as soon as we
receive information for those programs.
	Many thanks!

Prof. John Schillinger
Chair, CCPCR
Committee on College and Pre-College Russian
Emeritus Prof. of Russian
American University