Russian handwriting recognition software

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Feb 17 08:35:00 UTC 2009

At 07:44 PM 2/16/2009, you wrote:
>Abbyy Fine Reader is a great program, and can keep the formatting...
>
>Jack Franke
>Defense Language Institute

I've googled Abbyy and could not find confirmation of whether Abbyy
converts a document in, say,
19th Century Clerical handwriting into a readable Russian text.  The
questioner did ask about handwriting,
and frankly I am feeling a bit out of it if such software really
exists with practical application.
If true, this would be a boon to genealogists.
Jules Levin
Los Angeles