University of Illinois at Chicago

Marsha Figaro mfigaro at UIC.EDU
Wed Feb 18 16:57:40 UTC 2009

ENDOWED CHAIRS IN POLISH HISTORY, LITERATURE, AND/OR FILM
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS AND SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO

The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of
Illinois at Chicago invites applications and nominations for the
"Stefan and Lucy Hejna Family Chair in the History of Poland"
and the "Stefan and Lucy Hejna Family Chair in Polish Language and
Literature." Both positions include permanently endowed funds for
research enhancements and graduate assistantships. The successful
candidate will be an associate or full professor and have a strong
  record of scholarly and teaching accomplishments in the fields of
Polish history, literature, or film studies. Period of study within these areas
  is open. Located in the heart of Chicago, UIC is a Carnegie
Research/Extensive
University with 16,000 undergraduates, 6,500 graduate students, and
3,000 professional
students. This is an exciting time for Polish Studies at UIC: we will
ultimately be hiring three "Hejna" chairs in Polish studies; we have
the largest undergraduate Polish program in the country; and we have
a newly established graduate concentration in Central and Eastern
European Studies. Appointments are eligible to begin 16 August 2009,
but search will
remain open until filled. For fullest consideration, applications
must be received by March 13, 2009. The salary is highly competitive based on
qualifications. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an AA/EOE.
Applicants should send a full curriculum vitae, and names and full
contact information of four references to:

Marsha Figaro
Chief of Staff, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Chicago
601 S. Morgan Street (MC 228)
Chicago, Illinois 60607