Why no Cyrillic?

Michael Trittipo tritt002 at TC.UMN.EDU
Thu Feb 5 03:24:10 UTC 2009

Susan Bauckus wrote:
> If even your Cyrillic text comes through as gibberish(note your message below)the problem is clearly on my end, and I'll figure it out eventually, unless Earthlink sabotages me. ... *Дорогие SEELANGовцы!* ... на всякий пожарный случай ....

For whatever help it may afford, when I simply chose to view your
message in UTF-8, the Cyrillic in the quoted message from Richard Robin
appeared perfectly, and many Seelangers will see it quoted above,
exactly as I received it from you (some snipping of non-controversial
English excepted). In other words, it survived the trip from his program
through the list to your mail store and back in your quote.  Since you
sent perfectly encoded Cyrillic, you should be able to find a way to
view it, too. That should be good news.

Michael Trittipo
Minneapolis, Minn.