public reading of diary as literary trope

Helen Halva hhalva at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Feb 21 17:58:25 UTC 2009

There are some similarities in a 1920 story by Boris Pil'njak, /При
дверях /(Pri dverjakh), usually translated as "At the Gates," which also
concerns the reading (and purchasing) of a diary, but this may not be
the one.

Helen Halva