Soviet/Russian stamps

Jeanmarie Rouhier-Willoughby jrouhie at EMAIL.UKY.EDU
Mon Feb 23 18:37:08 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGtsy!

A colleague of mine in geography, Stan Brunn, has sent me the
following question. As it is outside my area of expertise, I am
turning to SEELANGS for possible help. If you have any information
for him, could you please email him directly at stan.brunn at uky.edu?
Thanks in advance. Jeanmarie

I have been working on a ms for a couple years on the last stamps of
the USSR and the first stamps of Russia.  As part of the analysis, I
would like to identify, if possible, who or what agency was charged
with making and approving stamp designs. It would interesting to what
extent the stamps were approved by Stalin or his successors as well.