call for papers

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Thu Jan 1 19:36:59 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow List Members,

Happy New Year!  S Novym Godom!  Z Novym Rokom, etc.

I am posting a call for conference papers on behalf of a person not on
this list.

The next International Ballad Conference will take place in Minsk,
Belarus, July 13-18, 2009.  The organizer of the conference, Alexander
Morozov, would like to expand this conference to include more general
folklore topics and has asked me to make this call.

The conference will be titled: World Folk Heritage: Past, Present, and
Perspective Directions of Research

Suggested paper topics include, but are not limited to:
1) The history of intercultural interaction in folk and ballad art
2) Presentation of national varieties of cultural values,
characteristic for particular nations, rooted in tradition,
contemporarily undergoing transformations that result from current
processes
3) Common universal values of traditional folk cultures as a basis for
communication and cooperation in the sphere of culture
4) The art of the ballad in world folk heritage: plots, types, poetic forms.

Abstracts of up to 300 words together with requests for technical
equipment should be submitted by February 28, 2009 to Prof. Morozov at
_morozoff_ at tut.by.  Give author's address, affiliation, contact
details and a brief CV.

Prof. Morozov is also the contact person for more information although
I can probably answer some of your questions.

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies