contemporary Russian fiction

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Tue Jan 6 21:47:53 UTC 2009

Dear list members,
As usual, I am appealing to your collective wisdom.  I am putting together my syllabus for an undergraduate course (i.e., readings in English) on Russian fiction from glasnost' to the present (including Petrushevskaia, Pelevin, Ulitskaia, possibly Makanin, Narbikova).  I am writing to ask for your suggestions for readings (novels or short stories) for the later part of the course, roughly from the mid/late 1990s to now.  And if anyone feels like sharing their own teaching experiences with any of the texts - what worked, what didn't, etc.- I'd love to hear about that too.  Please reply off-list: yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu
Many thanks in advance, and happy New Year!
- Yelena Furman