AAASS panel: Family and the 19th Century Novel

Katz, Michael mkatz at MIDDLEBURY.EDU
Fri Jan 9 20:48:21 UTC 2009

Dear Anna:

This is very tempting. I have worked on the theme of children and the family in Sholem Aleichem's "Tevye the Dairyman" cycle of stories (1895-1914) and compared his treatment to Vladimir Jabotinsky's Odessa novel "The Five," written in 1936, but set at the end of the 19th and very beginning of the 20th century. Would you be willing to consider my work for inclusion on your panel?

Michael Katz
C.V. Starr Professor of Russian and East European Studies
Middlebury College