books about books?`

Tatyana Buzina tbuzina at YANDEX.RU
Mon Jan 12 16:57:02 UTC 2009

Dear Anne,
616 titles tagged bibliomystery is a nice count!
I cannot claim to be an expert in today's Russian mystery writing, so even though I cannot rake up even a tenth of that number it doesn't really mean anything. Although I found some more detective stories centered around books. Maybe this sub-genre does exist. For instance, Oleg Suvorov. Neblagodarnye potomki. I haven't read it but it appears to start off with Dostoevsky's stolen manuscript.
There are probably more books which could qualify as a sort of "fan fiction," playing with characters from other books. Aside from Akunin, the same Suvorov wrote a book "Zaveshchanie bezumnogo filosofa" which, again, starts off with the murder of Prince Myshkin and features Alyosha Karamazov as a terrorist. I am sure there are many more books of this kind, I just cannot think of other titles right away.
Best regards,
Tatyana