Czech Language Study Advice?

Professor Marina Balina mbalina at IWU.EDU
Tue Jan 13 18:41:47 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for some advice. One of my students (a graduating senior)
received a scholarship from the Rotary Club to study in Slovakia (at
least, that was our original plan).  After numerous contacts with
several Slovak Universities, we realized that none of them wants to
meet the scholarship requirement of 20 hours of language study a week.
It was extremely disappointing.

Studying in Russia was an alternative for the student (he has had three
semesters of Russian), but he would like to explore opportunities to
study in Czech Republic.  Does anybody know of a program there that
would offer 20 hours per week of language instruction?

I would be very grateful for your help, we are under a lot of time
pressure.

Thank you,

Marina Balina