Czech Language Study Advice?

pankova+ at PITT.EDU pankova+ at PITT.EDU
Tue Jan 13 21:21:09 UTC 2009

I would certainly check below. No pun intended, but the list of courses of
Czech not in Czech (i.e. "Czech for foreigners") at Charles University
seems promising.

http://www.cuni.cz/UK-1151.html

It might also be of interest that, as long as students take their courses
in the Czech language, higher education in the Czech Republic is still
more or less free. For comparison: 1st Medical Faculty (Charles U),
courses taken in English = $10,000 per annum; same faculty, courses taken
in Czech = almost nothing. "Study Czech - it pays off"! [For instance,
during the Summer Language Institute at the U of Pittsburgh]
All the best, Lenka

> On Jan 13 2009, Professor Marina Balina wrote:
>>... [Sk options gone,] he would like to explore opportunities to study
in Czech Republic.  Does anybody know of a program there that would
offer 20 hours per week of language instruction?

> If you mean in Czech, then in the summer, sure. Programs in Prague,
Brno,
> and Olomouc at a minimum of something like 30 hours a week for four
weeks.
> In the spring term, I only know of a two-week late January-early
February
> program in Brno at 25 hours per week of intensive Czech. Info here:
http://www.phil.muni.cz/kabcest/en/two-week-february.php With any luck,
other list members will know of something longer. Good luck!