Pozor Rossii

Fri Jan 16 19:04:49 UTC 2009

Josh Wilson wrote:

> By address, it means IP address, which, in part, can tell where your
> computer is located. The voting system doesn't ask you for an email address
> - or even registration - but it does limit each IP address to one vote every
> 24hours (I just tried, as a test, to vote for Ksenya Sobchak, which went
> through fine, and then Joseph Stalin, which failed).

Or more properly, where your ISP is located. If I am an AOL member, for
example, it will appear that I am located in Virginia, where AOL has its
headquarters.

If you want to vote more than once in such a system, you need to change
your IP address. So for example, if you're on a dialup system, you need
to disconnect and reconnect and hope the IP the system assigns you the
second time is different from the one it assigned the first time.
Chances are, it will be. I have a similar result when I restart my
DirecWay satellite modem.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com