New faculty-led Russia summer abroad program / Scholarships for ROTC students

Stuart Goldberg stuart.goldberg at MODLANGS.GATECH.EDU
Fri Jan 16 21:21:08 UTC 2009

Dear SEELangers,

I would like to bring to your and your students' attention a faculty-led
summer intensive program in Moscow, which Georgia Tech will be running
for the second time this summer.

The program is 7 weeks and runs from June 20 to Aug. 9.  Minimum level
is third-year.  Students live in homestays with Russian families.
Classes are at the governmental Academy of the National Economy (16
hours per week of intensive Russian and one course in English in
International Affairs and Economics with top Russian scholars, final
project in Russian, for a total of 9 credits).  There is a cultural
program including overnight trip to Vladimir and Suzdal.  Group and
classes are small.

Program fee is $4450 (includes homestay with daily breakfast and dinner,
course materials, cultural program, visa, insurance, airport pickup on
June 20 or 21).
Students pay separately for airfare, lunches and tuition.  Note,
however, that tuition for out-of-state students is charged at the
in-state rate of $1827 for nine Georgia Tech credits plus $250.

Application deadline is Feb. 15.

I have been very pleased with the program in its first year and
impressed with our hosts at the Academy of the National Economy, who
have many years of experience in arranging programs for some of
America's best universities.

Scholarships will likely be available for ROTC students from other
universities.  ROTC students who wish to participate should inquire
about these scholarships.

Our website can be found at
http://www.modlangs.gatech.edu/lbat-program/russia/index.php and a
detailed brochure at
http://www.modlangs.gatech.edu/lbat-program/russia/RussianStudy2009Moscow.pdf.
I am happy to answer any questions and can be contacted by email
(sgoldberg at gatech.edu) or phone (404-894-9251).

With best regards,
Stuart Goldberg