The Great Russian Language

Olga Zaslavsky ozaslav at ALUMNI.UPENN.EDU
Sat Jan 24 16:12:02 UTC 2009

I think "razbushevalsya" is a take on a French comedy with Luis de Funes, popular in the 70's and titled in Russian
"Fantomas razbushevalsya" -- "Fantomas se Dechaine."
I don't see what the use of this verb has to do with Turgenev, rather, it's quite the opposite -- manipulating cliches.
Respectfully,
Olga Zaslavsky