Multimedia Rachmaninoff Project: poetic translation from Russian is needed

B. Shir redorbrown at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 4 23:44:25 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANG'ers:
I received an email (please read below).
If you find this email interesting and if you are willing to translate some of Russian poems by Lermontov, Tyutchev, Pushkin, Pasternak, Tolstoy, Gippius and Tsvetaeva (the author of the email, Steven, will provide you with particular titles), please respond to Steven offline: stephenb.cook at yahoo.com
Liza Ginzburg
---------------------------------

I received my Masters and Performer's Certificate of piano
performance at DePaul and am currently a doctoral piano performance
student at Arizona State University. I am working to produce a CD recording and book of my performance of Serge Rachmaninoff’s Etudes-Tableaux Opus 39 conceived as a synergistic display of music, art and poetry.
This dynamic project, which I first began developing while studying in Chicago with pianist Eteri Andjaparidze, will draw attention to the interrelationship between literature, music and painting by displaying images in combination with poetry readings which share a connection to specific musical tableaux. I have included in the project writings of Lermontov, Tyutchev, Pushkin, Pasternak, Tolstoy, Gippius and Tsvetaeva as well as paintings by artists including Mikhail
 Vrubel
and Arnold Boecklin, works from which I have taken inspiration
throughout my own artistic immersion in the music of Rachmaninoff.
Rachmaninoff himself experienced music in proximity to the other arts,
and drew inspiration from poetry and painting in particular saying, “Of
all the arts I love poetry best after music,” “I always have books of
poetry around me. Poetry inspires music for there is so much music
in poetry.” And elsewhere: “After music and poetry, I like painting
best.” I have taken these statements as a springboard for this creative
venture.

In order to complete this project, I need to find someone to
translate seven short poems from the Russian texts. Do you have any one
who you could recommend for this project?
I have already secured two performances in Feb. of 2010 on well attended concert series in California including the Manhattan Beach "Preview's" series and "Music in the Mansion" in Beverly Hills.
I would like to complete my project before these performances take place.
I have sample videos of my performances of the Rachmaninoff at youtube.com/sbcpianist.
I would sincerely appreciate your help and advice.
Yours faithfully,

Stephen Cook
773-454-2509
www.stephenbcook.com