AATSEEL conferences

Dianna Murphy diannamurphy at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:07:28 UTC 2009

Dear Steven, colleagues,

The annual AATSEEL Conference continues to meet in the same city and on the same dates as the national meeting of the Modern Language Association.  In 2009, the conference will take place from December 27-30 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvannia.  Then, a big change:  after the 2009 meeting, the AATSEEL and MLA Conferences will be held each year in early January instead of late December.  The next AATSEEL Conference is scheduled for January 6-9, 2011 in Los Angeles, California.  Given the move from December to January, there will be no meeting in 2010.  The 2012 meeting will take place in early January in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Again:
December 27-30, 2009:  Philadelphia, PA
January 6-9, 2011:  Los Angeles, CA
early January, 2012 (dates TBA):  New Orleans, LA

We hope that you and other colleagues will find this change to be a welcome one.  We are concerned that the new time will be inconvenient for some, but hope that most colleagues and students will find early January to be more a agreeable time to meet than late December.

I will post information on this change to the AATSEEL website shortly.

I look forward to seeing you at the 2009 meeting in Philadelphia,
Dianna

*********************
Dianna L. Murphy, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Language Institute