Grossman: 'V gorode Berdicheve: babies' clothing

Elena Gapova e.gapova at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 23:28:36 UTC 2009

Well, when I look at my own raspashonki, which my mother saved from the days
when I was a baby, and at my daughter's (I keep a couple, just to remember
how small she was), they are really igrushechnye - so small. They would fit
some of the bigger dolls that I had (and I even think that as I child, I
used some of them to dress my dolls). So in my understanding "igrushechnye"
refers to the size, and I also think they were not trying or measuring them,
but rather looking through them, raising them to their eyes, turning them
back and forth etc., displaying them for one another.

e.g.