"War on history": the real reason?

Michele A. Berdy maberdy at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 16 16:22:51 UTC 2009

I agree with Prof Israeli -- both about John Dunn's explanation on the
"falsification of history" and one possible motivation for the law about
teachers. I've heard from human rights activists who work in the Caucasus
that the religious clubs, trainings, classes etc organized from abroad are
truly worrisome. But like everything else here, it's hard to figure out
exactly what's going on.

And here's yet another worrying story: Today Ekho Moskvy reported that a law
is up for passage that would allow "predstaviteli silovykh struktur" the
right to "check" every letter or package mailed in Russia. The story can be
accessed at http://www.echo.msk.ru/news/606066-echo.html