apartment stays in Moscow

James Beale James at RUSSIA-ON-LINE.COM
Mon Jun 1 15:05:33 UTC 2009

How does staying in an apartment in Moscow (whether privately arranged or
through an agency) affect your ability to get registered.  Since the
penalties and problems are quite draconian, I have often thought about
arranging a stay in an apartment (since the hotels are so over-priced and
rarely do the standards meet the price), but not having someone to register
my passport and not wanting to spend days at OVIR, I have reluctantly stayed
in the hotels...

Anyone have experience with one of the apartment agencies?

James Beale
Russia Online, Inc.
Tel: 301-933-0607  Fax: 301-933-0615
Shop online 24/7: http://shop.russia-on-line.com

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Six, Irina Anatolyevna
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 10:55 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] apartment

Dear Michael,

my parents living in Moscow have their appartment available for summer (they
stay in the country house). It is in 10-minutes walking distance from the
metro "Oktuabrskoe Pole", good location, a 24-hour Perekriostok supermarket
is next to their appartment building, internet connection. Let me know if
you have not found the place to stay yet.

Sincerely,

Irina

Dr. Irina Fediunina Six
Lecturer