Frog Tales in other cultures

Tatjana Gornostaja tatjana.gornostaja at TILDE.LV
Fri Jun 12 13:49:31 UTC 2009

Dear Lily,

Aleksey Panteleev "Dve Lyagushki" ("Two frogs" in EN),

Regards,
Tatiana

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of lily.alexander at UTORONTO.CA
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 4:43 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Frog Tales in other cultures

Thank you Everybody who answered!

On another frog topic - the two frogs in a pot with sour creme - one
gave up and another was kicking until it became a butter. It is
considered to be a Russian "folk tale" - the author unknown.

Anybody has anything on its sources and origin?

Are there any famous - really really famous and paradigmatic - tales
about the frogs in other cultures, including English / American?

Many thanks again,

Lily Alexander