Anna Lisa Crone

evans-ro at OHIO.EDU evans-ro at OHIO.EDU
Sat Jun 20 22:11:39 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

I would like to echo colleagues' comments about Anna Lisa Crone's support of
graduate students. I gave my first paper at the University of Chicago Slavic
Forum in 1992 while working on my dissertation at the University of Michigan.
Lisa not only read my paper carefully and gave me very helpful comments both
privately and at the conference, but invited me to stay in her home and made me
feel as if I were a part of her family while I was there. I will always remember
the intellectual stimulation and supportive atmosphere of that conference and
will always be inspired by Anna Lisa Crone's erudition, mentoring, and generosity.

Sincerely,

Karen Evans-Romaine
Associate Professor of Russian, Ohio University
Director, Davis School of Russian, Middlebury College