Russian majors in small programs

Janneke van de Stadt Janneke.vandeStadt at WILLIAMS.EDU
Fri May 1 02:36:52 UTC 2009

At Williams, we have begun to do something similar to what Laura
describes, except that we combine third and fifth semesters to make up
for all the juniors who go abroad.   In addition, we offer the option
of a "Certificate in Russian" for those who cannot or do not wish to
major.  Some of our students opt to major in Comparative Literature
but with a focus in Russian.  In this way, all the members of Russian
faculty contribute regularly to the CompLit program teaching courses
in translation as well as Russian.