Mandel'shtam

HARRINGTON A.K. a.k.harrington at DURHAM.AC.UK
Mon May 18 13:12:25 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGERS

I'm sure that I once read, somewhere in Mandel'shtam's writings, a statement that ran something like 'Melodrama is the undetected sound of Russian culture'.  Can anyone jog my memory as to where, or put me right if my memory has completely deceived me?

Many thanks

Alex Harrington

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of Jane Costlow
Sent: Mon 18/05/2009 13:50
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Seeking St. Petersburg Apartment

Colleagues,

    I will be in St. Petersburg during the fall semester with a group of
Bates students.  I'm looking for a large apartment (2+ bedrooms) located
either in the center or on Petrogradskaya.  If you have suggestions of
agencies to work with (or not), or of particular apartments, please
reply off-list.

Thanks,

Jane Costlow