Call for Nominations for 2009 AATSEEL Awards

shuffelton at AOL.COM shuffelton at AOL.COM
Fri May 29 16:13:39 UTC 2009

Dear Sibelan,

Yes - I have been thinking about nominating Elena Farkas for the pre-college teaching award. I promise to do so as soon as I wrap up one other bit of business.

I have asked four people who have agreed to be part of the round table on best practices in the language classroom:

Tom Garza, University of Texas at Austib
Ben Rifkin, Temple University (provided AATSEEL rules allow him to participate in addition to his other commitments)
Natasha Ushakova, Staten Island Technical High School)
Paavo Husen, Illinois Math & Science Academy

I have a list of other possible invites if we want this to be a double session.

I did not see on the AATSEEL website information on how to input the names of those people who will participate in the session, but I'll ask Diana Murphy about that.

Happy summer!
Jane Shuffelton