foxtrot in Soviet Culture

Melissa Smith mtsmith02 at YSU.EDU
Mon Nov 2 18:43:09 UTC 2009

I believe that in Mayakovsky's, "Bedbug" the foxtrot is one of the
dangerous viruses that gets in the future utopia when the main hero
wakes up.

Julie Draskoczy wrote:

>Greetings, SEELANGers!
>
>I am wondering if anyone might be able to recommend sources that
mention the dance the foxtrot in the context of Soviet culture (either
its popularization or condemnation).  Feel free to respond off-list.

>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Julie
>
>Julie Draskoczy
>Dept. of Slavic Languages and Literatures
>University of Pittsburgh

-

Melissa T. Smith, Professor
Department of Foreign Languages and