FW: 2010 Kentucky Foreign Language Conference--EXTENDED DEADLINE

Ruder, Cynthia A Cynthia.Ruder at UKY.EDU
Tue Nov 3 16:56:45 UTC 2009

Deadline for submission of abstracts:  15 NOVEMBER 2009

NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 15 NOVEMBER 2009

Colleagues:

After a two-year hiatus, the Slavic panels are returning to the Kentucky Foreign Language Conference.  The conference will be held at the University of Kentucky 15-17 April 2010.

The theme of the 2010 conference is "Gender," so you are welcome to submit papers/panels on that theme in Slavic literature and culture.  In addition we welcome submissions on Slavic language pedagogy, linguistics, folklore, literature, and culture that are  NOT limited to the conference theme.

**One panel that is already forming is entitled "Sound Symbolism in Poetry: A Comparative Approach."  You are welcome to submit an abstract for that panel as well.

Faculty, independent scholars, and graduate students are welcome to submit abstracts.

Finally, one of our sessions will feature a film viewing of the documentary "20 Years Forward" that was premiered at the 2008 AAASS.  Beth Holmgren will be on hand to discuss the film and the general topic of Russian/US Women's & Gender Studies.

Note that the abstract submission process is conducted only ON LINE.  Therefore, please go to the Conference web site:

web.as.uky.edu/kflc/

where you will find the complete Call for Papers, as well as instructions for submitting your abstract via the on-line system.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS IS 15 NOVEMBER 2009.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at the e-mail address noted below.

Sincerely, Cindy Ruder
Cynthia A. Ruder, Associate Professor
University of Kentucky
MCL/Russian & Eastern Studies