Help with translation

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Wed Nov 4 12:08:19 UTC 2009

SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Michele A. Berdy
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:41 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Help with translation

Is it? Kraevedenie is the study of local history and culture  (broadly
defined) -- local meaning "smaller than the country level". I've always
translated kraevedcheski muzei as local history museum (which includes
history, geology, culture, crafts, art etc.). Perhaps I don't understand the

English terms you suggest, but I think they are way too big.