ISO short Russian poem for beginners

Melissa Smith mtsmith02 at YSU.EDU
Mon Oct 12 19:37:00 UTC 2009

One of my students has become a devotee of the TV program "Zhdi menya",
which is on the DirecTV version of channel one. Consequently, I decided
to use Konstantin Simonov's poem in class, and found the language
fairly simple:

http://www.litera.ru/stixiya/authors/simonov/zhdi-menya-i.html

Svetlana Malykhina wrote:

>Hello Devin,
>
>I am sending just a few links from my You Tube poetry collection. I
feel that some poems may exceed the beginner's level, but you as an
instructor should make a choice, what to present and when. In fact, for
curious students all these verses are adequate and success depends a
lot on how much learners can employ all five senses and the sense of
humor.

>I believe that you've got such a great idea, as
video-audio-poetry material is designed for different kinds of students
-- some people are visual learners, some are audio learners ...

>Best wishes,
>Svitlana Malykhina
>
>Anna Akhmatova
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH955ypgSMY&feature=related
>Marina Tsvetaeva
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5BaIbtsDE&feature=related
>Mikhail Kazakov resites poetry: Brodsky, Akhmatova
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7cSQyO-lYU&feature=related
>Boris Pasternak
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TlMxZclEk4&feature=related
>Nikolai Gumilev