Obschezhitie in Russian literature and film?

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Thu Oct 29 20:20:54 UTC 2009

There are several scenes depicting Soviet dormitories in the 1950s in Men'shov's 1979 film, "Moscow Doesn't Believe in Tears."

Best wishes to all,

Ben Rifkin

----- Original Message -----
From: "O.F. Boele" <O.F.Boele at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:06:01 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [SEELANGS] Obschezhitie in Russian literature and film?

Dear Seelangers,

A student of mine is determined on writing a paper on the student
"obshchezhitie" in Russian literature and film (Soviet period and
today). Sounds like an interesting topic, I agree, but I feel helpless
when it comes to offering any concrete suggestions on descriptions of
students housing, dormitories etc. Could anyone help out?

Otto Boele
University of Leiden