Obschezhitie in Russian literature and film?

B. Shir redorbrown at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 29 22:32:21 UTC 2009

Hello, Otto, I would suggest a comedy, Kvadratura kruga, about 4 young people and their obshche(e)  zhitie in kommunalka
E. Ginzburg
--- On Thu, 10/29/09, Boele, O.F. <O.F.Boele at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL> wrote:

From: Boele, O.F. <O.F.Boele at HUM.LEIDENUNIV.NL>
Subject: [SEELANGS] Obschezhitie in Russian literature and film?
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 3:06 PM

Dear Seelangers,

A student of mine is determined on writing a paper on the student
"obshchezhitie" in Russian literature and film (Soviet period and
today). Sounds like an interesting topic, I agree, but I feel helpless
when it comes to offering any concrete suggestions on descriptions of
students housing, dormitories etc. Could anyone help out?

Otto Boele
University of Leiden

  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: