Obschezhitie in Russian literature and film?

Svitlana Kobets svitlana.kobets at UTORONTO.CA
Fri Oct 30 15:05:57 UTC 2009

In Vladimir Makanin's novel "Underground ili geroi nashego vremeni"
'obshchezhitiie' is not just a background, it comprises a separate, very
interesting and complex theme.
Vladimir Moshkov's film "Papa" shows a student hostel in pre-war (WW II)
Moscow.
A couple of short stories by Svetlana Vasilenko are set in worker's hostels.

Svitlana Kobets