How do you like your coffee?

Steve Marder asred at COX.NET
Thu Sep 3 13:09:00 UTC 2009

---- Olga Meerson <meersono at GEORGETOWN.EDU> wrote:
> Thank you, Steve (Marder), the link you have sent to the Institute of Russian Language people's interview and opinions is great:
> http://www.mk.ru/education/publications/344653.html
>
> They are very lucid in explaining both the discrepancies between the old and the new standards, and the inevitability, and even necessity, for these discrepancies.
> o.m.

Thank you for your feedback, Olga. I didn't have time to check it at the time, but contrary to what was indicated in the article, the (now obsolescent?) 1989 edition of Ozhegov (edited by Shvedova) I just checked does indeed have entries for "komp'yuter" and "krossovki." I wonder what edition Mariya Kalenchuk was looking at? ("V slovare Ozhegova vy ne naydete slov 'komp'yuter', 'krossovki'".) I have other editions, both newer and older, of Ozhegov's dictionary at home and I will certainly check them this evening, although I suspect other readers will beat me to it.

Steve