Preliminary thesis Ideas -Pushkin's heritage affecting his writing

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Fri Sep 4 20:47:55 UTC 2009

When I was researching some things for a paper on Lermontov I came across this article: "The Negro in Imperial Russia: A Preliminary Sketch" by Allison Blakely
The Journal of Negro History, Vol. 61, No. 4. (Oct., 1976), pp. 351-361. It includes information on Pushkin.

It may be very well included in the compilations mentioned by Ludmilla Trigos, but if not I have a full text PDF file. Let me know if you need it.

Inna Caron
The Ohio State University

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of latrigos at COMCAST.NET
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 2:18 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Preliminary thesis Ideas -Pushkin's heritage affecting his writing

More recently there are two volumes of articles,_Under the Sky of My Africa: Alexander Pushkin and Blackness_ (Northwestern UP, 2006), co-edited by Cathy Nepomnyashchy, Nicole Svobodny and myself, _Pouchkine et le Monde Noir_ (Presence Africaine Editions, 1999).You should also look at _Pushkinskaia Afrika_ but unfortunately I don't immediately have access toits publication info.

Best regards,

Ludmilla Trigos, Ph.D.