Live from Russia textbook: No security breach

Masha Lekic lekic at ACTR.ORG
Fri Sep 4 21:28:23 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGers:

Following  Dr. Monnier¹s earlier post in which she posited a hunch that her
students may have gotten access to the online workbook answer keys, the
technical team at American Councils has followed up on her concerns and has
found absolutely no evidence of any sort of security breach.  Namely, we
identified the exercise that gave Dr. Monnier cause for concern and
thoroughly examined the access logs on our Web server to  isolate all of the
requests for the answer key in question since the beginning of August.    We
ran traceroutes on all of the requesting IP addresses and have found no
evidence whatsoever that would indicate any kind of questionable access.

The American Councils team takes these matters very seriously and regularly
monitors the traffic on the textbook sites that we host.   Any further
questions or concerns can be send directly to me, Ken Petersen at :
kpeter at actr.org.  Although I cannot answer questions about ³life² and
³death².

Cheers,

Ken Petersen
Internet Administrator
American Councils for International Education