Translation Help

Ruder, Cynthia A Cynthia.Ruder at UKY.EDU
Sat Sep 5 20:50:55 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGERS,

We've received a request to provide a translation for a University of Kentucky cheer that will be included at a presentation on international activities/opportunities/programs at UK.  Because this presentation will occur during a basketball game (fancy that!) the organizers want the cheer or some close rendition in as many languages as possible.  These variations will be posted on a large board/screen for all to see.  We've been tossing around various options here, but I thought I'd call on the collective expertise of the list to help us out.

The cheer is GO BIG BLUE!       (The University of Kentucky is called "Big Blue" or the "Big Blue Nation" by Kentucky sports fans because the school colors are "Kentucky" blue and white.)

Any suggestions?  Obviously the translation will not be exact.  Some suggestions have been Давайте!     or  Спартак-чемпион!
Please reply to me OFF LIST (so as to spare everyone the Big Blue madness ;-)  ) at cynthia.ruder at uky.edu<mailto:cynthia.ruder at uky.edu>

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this "critical" matter!
Cynthia A. Ruder, Associate Professor
University of Kentucky
MCL/Russian & Eastern Studies
1055 Patterson