Need advice - book of Russian poems

Nola oothappam at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Sep 8 20:36:47 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGERs

A dear friend whose mother wrote poetry long ago in Russia, has published a book of her poetry in Russia. He did it as a labor of love, not to make money. He wants to make the poetry available to anyone who would like to read it by also putting it on the internet. He has asked my advice.I (after mentally making a note to myself to ask you  here in this group!)suggested that he might have to make a website, and upload the poems(they are PDF files)there and in addition, get someone to record the poems recited, and make the audio files for each one appear near each poem. He suggested Youtube or Facebook but I am not sure about those, as neither of those have extensive screen space for text.  Well, Youtube does have a long description space next to each video, long enough for any poem.The video could contain the recitation....
Well, I would very much appreciate any opinions on this. What do you think would be the best venue for presenting this material in a way that the most people can find and enjoy it?
Below, is a blurb from the publisher,translated into English, about the poems and how they came into being. A side note-people who are old enough to remember the revolution days and the days before it(1917, not 1991) have read these poems and wept.I think the poetry will appeal to historians,  homesick Russians living away from Russia, and those who are interested in the torn emotions and hearts of people who left.
Here is the publisher's note:

>From the publishers (Edited)
"Elizabeth Grigorevna Ivanova was born in
St.-Petersburg, Russia in 1899. Her father, a
well known manufacturer, and mother,a concert
pianist, have given their daughter a brilliant
education,. Elizabeth took lessons in music
and  voice. In 1917 she has completed the Female
Gymnasium named after A.I.Bolsunovoy.
In 1922 the whole family emigrated to Serbia. For
the Russians who did not know the Serbian
language, it was difficult, but Elizabeth  has
learnt to speak and write Serbian, and in 1925
has received a  stipend from King Alexander and
has attended Zagreb Conservatory where she
continued her musical and singing education. She
had a very beautiful and rare voice: and a
special talent for throat whistling, with it -
she was able to perform all the arias and classical excerpts from operas.
In Serbia Elizabeth Grigorevna has met her
husband and they got married. Her husband a
Captain - was a regular officer in the
Russian  Imperial Army. They had two children,  a boy and a girl.
Elizabeth Ivanova has been writing poetry for a
long time and her selected  poems have been
printed in Belgrad, in Russian newspapers and
magazines. She translated some verses
intoSerbian, and they were as well published in the Belgrad newspapers.
During  World War II, practically all
manuscripts, records, newspapers and journals,
publications have been lost - after several years
of wandering in post-war camps in Germany, in
1950 Elizabeth Ivanova and her family moved to
the USA. Much later, already in the United
States, Elizabeth Grigorevna has restored some of
her  poems in Serbian and Russian. Even has
published some of her poetry in Russian New York newspapers.
  In USA, as well as everywhere where she lived,
Elizabeth Grigorevna wrote poetry- sincere and
touching, appealing to spirituality and to the
truth, full of loneliness and melancholy for
Russia which she loved and prayed for all her
life. Elizabeth Grigorevna Ivanova has died in March, 1960.
We would like to bring to the attention of the
reader that this collection of poetry- Elizabeth
Ivanova's first book published in Russia. This
publication is dedicated to her by her children -
Boris and Nina - living now in the USA. In poems
we have kept the  old Russian spelling - spelling
that was used -  prior to 1908 which  Elizabeth
Grigorevna has preserved  in emigration and which
she preserved intact, as well as,  her fidelity
to the old, pre-revolutionary Russia."

Anyone have any suggestions?
-Nola, in California

 -------------------Cyrillic encoding:  KOI8-R  or Windows Cyrillic