Ukrainian textbooks? (was NY Times - "The Retreat of the Tongue of the Czars")

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Mon Sep 14 14:55:11 UTC 2009

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would strongly recommend Rozmovliaimo!/Let's Talk!, co-authored by
> Robert DeLossa, Roman Koropeckyj, Robert Romanchuk, and Alexandra
> Isaievych Mason. It is published by Slavica and it was the winner of the
> AATSEEL book prize in the language pedagogy category a few years ago. The
> book covers two years of language instruction (elementary and
> intermediate) and has a special section dedicated to the specific problems
> of Russian speakers learning Ukrainian.

What if I want to be "street-ready," up on the latest slang and argot?
Where can I drop a Benjamin on some of the latest publications? Hasn't
Krytyka published several tomes like this?

> Best wishes,
>
> Vitaly Chernetsky

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com