E-mail etiquette and American undergraduates

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Thu Sep 17 21:36:22 UTC 2009

If it's normal class business with students I know or who are in my class...
Здравствуйте, студенты! (to the entire class)
Здравствуйте, _______! (ещ фт штвшмшвгфд)

Closing...

Any one of
-R. Robin
- Р.Робин
До скорого,
До завтра,
etc.

In addition, I use a rule that could be characterized "as much Russian as
possible." So first-year students are expected to get in at least
Здравствуйте after the first week of class. By third year, all communication
must be in Russian (if the student wants an answer, that is.)

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Vardanyan, Ashot <ashot-vardanyan at uiowa.edu

Richard M. Robin, Ph.D.
Director Russian Language Program
The George Washington University