Query: Foreign students at VGIK

Seth Graham s.graham at SSEES.UCL.AC.UK
Tue Sep 22 10:37:21 UTC 2009

Dear List,

I'm forwarding the following query from a student interested in studying at the Russian State Filmmaking Institute (VGIK).  If you have any advice or information for her, please contact her directly: Charlotte Baker (charlotte-l-baker at hotmail.com).

Many thanks, and best wishes to all for a brilliant fall semester/term/quarter.

Seth
_____________
Dr Seth Graham
Lecturer in Russian
School of Slavonic and East European Studies
University College London
Gower St
London WC1E 6BT
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 8735
s.graham at ssees.ucl.ac.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: charlotte baker
To: s.graham at ucl.ac.uk
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 1:03 PM
Subject: VGIK

Dear Sir,

I would greatly appreciate contact with anyone who knows the school first hand, and you could perhaps tell me more about the style of teaching there, what it is like to study there and the stylistic direction of the teaching. I would like most to know  more about the philosophy of the school, as it were! Personally I am hoping to study either Cinematography or Direction.

I would really appreciate any help you may be able to offer, and thank you so much for taking the time to answer all these questions!

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte Baker
The Bartlett School of Architecture