Suggestions for Russian Lit into Film course?

David Borgmeyer dmborgmeyer at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 28 19:24:13 UTC 2009

Dorogie seelangtsy,

I have been asked to teach a Literature into Film course
through an English dept., based on works of literature that have been adapted
into films.  I am trying to develop it as
a Russian Literature into Film course, but all the literature and film must be
a) worthy of study and b) available in English (subtitles or dubbing is
acceptable).

I have been assembling my own list of literature/films, but
I’m very interested in what suggestions the members of the list might
have, especially literature/films successfully taught in tandem like this.  Obscurity or rarity is discouraged,
accessibility to undergraduates/general education relevance are
encouraged.  A compiled list will be
gratefully shared with the list.

Yours sincerely,

David Borgmeyer