A Hungarian name

Liv Bliss bliss at WMONLINE.COM
Fri Apr 9 20:49:12 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers -- Can anyone help me with the name of the chairman of
the All-Hungary Committee for Physical Culture and Sport in the 1950s?

The transliteration given in the Russian text I'm working on is Х. Дьюла
(sometimes Х. Дьюлла) [Kh. D'yula or D'yulla]. The latter element could be
Gyula, but the X./Kh. has me baffled. One Soviet source renders it as Хеди
(Khedi), but I couldn't confirm to my satisfaction that this really is the guy's
name.

I'm particularly miffed because he was also head of the Hungarian delegation
to the epoch-making 1956 Melbourne Olympics, which should be a great help
to me. But still I'm coming up dry.

Best to all
Liv