a Hungarian name

Trotter, Veronika veboikov at INDIANA.EDU
Fri Apr 9 21:36:53 UTC 2010

Dear Liv,

In fact, his last name is Hegyi, and Gyula is the first name. The
confusion arises because Hungarians always write a surname first and
the given name afterwards. The two could be mixed up in translation,
since Gyula is a possible surname too. So in Russian he has to be
Д(ь)юла Хеди (I’m not sure if you can read my Cyrillic, in Russian it
has to be only one “l”, two “l”s is incorrect transliteration and the
soft sign can be omitted).
I don’t know if you read Hungarian, but here is the link to a Wikipedia
entry about him:
http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegyi_Gyula_(sportvezet%C5%91).

Hope it helps,
Veronika Trotter,