Kaczynski, Katyn

Grover Furr-FM furrg_nj at FASTMAIL.FM
Mon Apr 12 12:28:12 UTC 2010

Dear Julia:

Good to hear from you.

You wrote:

>   Grover, I find that Polish tragedy is really not the time to come up with  your usual Stalinist theories.

Julia, that is an ignorant thing to say!

If you know anything about the Katyn' issue, you will know that the
Soviet position was that the Nazis killed ALL the Polish prisoners.

IF you have read my page you will see that I disagree with the Soviet
position, just as I disagree with the Nazi-Goebbels position -- which
just happens to be to Polish nationalist, and ideologically
anticommunist, position too.

So why call my position "Stalinist"? That is just dishonest on your
part, as it would be if I called you a "Nazi", or something, because you
take the Nazi viewpoint on Katyn.

You call "Stalinist" anything that doesn't fit the right-wing Polish
nationalist set of falsehoods?

It's exactly the time to raise this issue. There's a major historical
coverup going on, and both Polish and Russian leaders are a party to it.

Read my Katyn page: http://tinyurl.com/katyn-furr

IF you read it, you will see that I believe the evidence shows BOTH
Soviets AND Nazis killed Polish officers (as well as police and others).

That's what the evidence shows. But hey! Who cares what REALLY happened,
right?

Polish nationalists, and ideological anticommunists generally, WANT a
"Katyn'" in which the Soviets did all the killing.

Basically, Polish nationalists use "Katyn'" to cover up Polish
responsibility for WW2, the Polish government's racism and fascism in
the interwar period, Polish imperialism in Western Ukraine and
Belorussia, and Polish collaboration with the Nazis in fighting
communist partisans -- including Jewish partisans -- during the war itself.

Meanwhile, Russian nationalists want a "Katyn'" in which the Nazis did
all the killing.

Very few of us -- yes, I am one -- are interested in the truth.

I'm sorry to see that many people are not, and sad to read that you are
evidently among them.

I ask you to reconsider.

Sincerely,

Grover Furr